Our liberating approach will change your relationship with food, your body and yourself
At TheHealthyWeighOut, we believe it is time to teach our wonderful clients how to eat, not how to diet. TheHealthyWeighOut is not a traditional “diet” program, nor is it a temporary solution. Quite the contrary!
TheHealthyWeighOut is an innovative, comprehensive three-pronged approach created to help chronic dieters, emotional overeaters and people who binge eat to end, once and for all, the diet-overeat-diet-overeat madness, allowing you to develop an empowering relationship with food, your body and your self that will bring true freedom from food and the healthy life and body you desire – for the rest of your life!
“This program truly addresses all aspects of overeating and healthy weight loss in a non-threatening and emotionally safe environment. I would highly recommend it!” ~age 69
An INNOVATIVE 3-Pronged Approach that changes your life – from the inside out
At TheHealthyWeighOut, we know that it is possible to feel comfortable in your own skin, regardless of the number on the scale. We know that it is possible to live through life’s natural ups and downs without the need to turn to food for comfort, to reduce stress, or to reward yourself at the end of the day.
And, we know that it is possible to find a way to engage in exercise that is enjoyable, not shame-provoking, and that eventually becomes a positive part of your life that you actually start looking forward to!
Sound impossible? That’s what most of our clients believed, as well, when we first met them. After embracing our 3-pronged approach, however, their lives have forever been changed.
A Comprehensive Approach for Lasting Change
Perhaps the first outpatient treatment program in the nation to combine the treatment of Emotional Eating and Binge Eating Disorder with HEALTHY Weight Loss, our program is truly blazing a new path by integrating the necessary, interrelated areas of Nutritional, Physical AND Emotional health with a healthy “no-diet” approach for long-term, sustainable results!
- EMOTIONAL: This component helps you to identify the many “whys” of your overeating behavior and helps you to learn more effective, emotional coping skills and behaviors so that you will no longer need to turn to food as your primary means to cope. We also explore and help you to understand how you learned to cope with food (likely from early age), and how to replace self-judgment with compassion and genuine empathy for your self. We also teach you how to appreciate and work with your emotional needs, as opposed to ignoring or dismissing important feelings and needs.
- NUTRITIONAL: Our Nutritional component is not just about learning how to read food labels and healthy portion sizing! To achieve sustainable behavioral change, it takes a seasoned combination of psychological and nutritional know-how to eliminate old problematic eating habits and to replace them with healthier, sustainable practices. We will help you understand the “how” and “why” of the interaction between nutrition, physiology and your emotions – and you’ll learn how to work with your body’s individual physiological make-up to decrease sabotaging food cravings and to actualize the healthy weight loss and behavioral change you desire! We also work with issues of metabolic changes due to yo-yo dieting, Type II diabetes care and education, and eating for fulfillment and not deprivation. Lastly, you’ll learn intuitive eating skills that will be the ultimate in helping you become free from food!
- PHYSICAL: We understand that for many people, “W-O-R-K out” has become a four-letter word! Yet physical activity is one of the most positive, essential behaviors you can do for your physical health and emotional well-being. In our PRIVATE Intuitive Exercise Studio, you will become re-acquainted with your body, you’ll be re-introduced to fun yet effective movement, and you’ll re-learn the wonders of all your body CAN do! We will gently work with your potential feelings of body-insecurity, shame and/or frustration over potential physical limitations due to years of chronic struggles with weight and, eventually, along with the compassionate support of our mature trainers, you’ll learn to fall in love with movement again:)
“You will learn so much about yourself, your emotions, your physical abilities and your food relationships that will bring you closer to the new life you so deserve.” age 57
Two Ways to Approach Your Goals of Life-Long Change
The 3-prongs of our TheHealthyWeighOut approach can be addressed in one of two ways, depending on your personal preference.
1. Our classic 6-Week Emotional & Binge Eating Program. This is our most popular approach and is an ideal way to experience the 3-pronged Emotional, Nutritional, and Physical fitness components of our treatment philosophy. This powerful option helps participants to bring about change in a concentrated period of time.
2. For those who are not yet ready or able to participate in our 6-week program, we offer individual services in the 3-pronged areas of Emotional, Nutritional, or Physical fitness. These services can be personalized and experienced on an a la carte basis.
Whichever approach best suits your needs, we are here to help!